The ICC gets Indie cred

We all assume that people who work for the ICC think Miley Cyrus is part of the underground music scene.

We could be wrong.

It seems that someone involved with the ICC (possibly a contractor) listens to the English Band Django Django.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Listening to Indie music proves you are human.

However, stealing Indie music to make an ad for an event that everyone in the cricket world already knows is happening is wrong.

So with that in mind, here is Django Django’s song, followed by the weird tight rope ad with really creepy looking one day captain horror masks made of skin.

Lawyers at ten paces or nothing alike?

Thanks to Neon Filler.

11 thoughts on “The ICC gets Indie cred

1. Crownish says:

O&M India, they’re the ones you’ve got to catch. Won the 2011 WC account in Sept last year.

2. Sreejith says:

Don’t know about the music. But I liked the ad’s concept. Very colorful.

3. Jayman says:

Are Australia going back in canary yellow (sorry, Australian gold)? Sweet.

4. Jayman says:

Unlikely to be a concidence, and it’s a win-win for the band. Either they get a massive payout which won’t even disturb the dust of the Indian cricket coffers, or they get a bit of press.

5. Alok says:

Lawyers at ten paces with injunctions cocked and counter-affidavits at the ready.

I should know. I am a lawyer.

more or less.

more than less.

6. singhisking says:

Were you huffing paint when you were listening to the two? There are similarities but no way even Johnnie Cochran could have won that case.
    @Alok- what third rate firm do you work for coz i will be willing to make a wager that EVEN if a court case if filled, there is NO WAY in hell that any half-witted judge would go for it.

7. martin says:

I love the tune! I hadn’t heard them before you posted this article so its a bonus point for you J Rod. It reminds me of the Beta band. It also reminds me how much I love that old rockabilly twang tone guitar. Two bonus points. I’m off to ITunes to buy Django django and also some rockabilly.
    On a cricketing point. Is this World Cup the end of the 50 over one day format? I cant see a future for it.

8. Howe Zat says:

I like how they got the Bangladesh captain wrong.

The Kumar mask is the most nightmarish. Just seems sort of dead inside.

9. Cherry says:

hey got an awesome link must check it out :)http://www.artofliving.org/in-en/sri-lankan-cricket-captain-calls-upon-sri-sri

10. Nick says: