For Lalit

Recently I was contacted by Kavita Gupta who is doing PR for Lalit Modi, and was asked if I could put up a post that they had written for my site and others.

Below is what they have written, and what I think of what their stuff is underneath each segment.

Hi,

As you are amongst one of the prominent cricket blogger, an interesting write up is mentioned below for you. Request you to publish it on your blog.

Amongst? I thought I was the shit.

(Title)”MODI SPEAKS UP AND SPEAKS OUT”

Sounds like a fitness class, now up and out your modi.

(Body) “Lalit Modi, the architect and founder of the Indian Premier League (IPL), has said in his first full interview since his suspension as commissioner of the cricket league in April that he has ‘no regrets’ about sending a Twitter message that led to the resignation of an Indian government minister.

No regrets? I can’t believe that, he must at least have regrets about doing it on twitter.

That’s just one point made by Mr Modi in a frank filmed interview with former BBC Sports Editor Mihir Bose who tackled the flamboyant entrepreneur on numerous issues, including why he is not living in India, whether his family received favours from their involvement with IPL teams, cricket match fixing and allegations of financial mismanagement at the IPL, as well as the tweet that saw foreign affairs minister Shashi Tharoor step down.

I’d like to see Mihir Bose actually tackle Lalit Modi, I would watch that. Gelly wrestling.

The whole 40 minute interview is available to watch from today (Thursday 22 November, 2010) on YouTube and on the Indian entrepreneur’s new website, http://www.lalitmodi.org.

40 minutes? I’m 140 characters or less when it comes to Lalit.

Mr Modi said: “I’ve had so many media requests in the last few months to give my side of the story that I’ve lost count. I have been eager to speak up. And to be interviewed by such a respected business and sports commentator like Mihir Bose place the full version on YouTube and on my website means I can’t be accused of favouring any particular aspect of the media.

Here is a media request for you, fuck off.

“Of course, they’ll be some critics to such an approach but quite frankly I’ve had more than my fair share of unsubstantiated criticism of late and some carping from the sidelines isn’t going to disturb me.

Excellent, so fuck off.

“Mihir did his own research, we met in London with his film crew and with no pre-warning from him on the questions he was going to ask, we shot the candid interview.

Wow, a reporter did his own research, perhaps we should give him a medal.

“The really important thing for me was to speak up after several months of intense speculation and address the matters that have been levelled at me and let the public make their own mind up after seeing the interview.

Yeah, wait several months, make yourself look like a crook, hide out, let the Indian press carve you up, and then speak out, good thinking.

“At the end of the day I hope that the viewers see my story as the truth.”

At the end of the day, really, Lalit?

ENDS”

Thank fuck.

A lesson for all PR companies, don’t send me bullshit PR for someone who even a casual search on this site would show that I can’t stand the bastard.

14 thoughts on “For Lalit

1. Rishabh says:

I’m guessing this is the only place and only way Kavita Gupta (who may be a she) is getting published…

2. sumit uprety says:

this may be just the start Jrod……..who knows , next you might get a request to publish a heart warming write up on Allen Stanford and how he’s become a reformed man in jail these days

Gol and Ris, all changed then. I just never figured a woman would want to work for Lalit.

Sumit, it’s a possibility.

3. Good GOD I love a good PR takedown. Nice shot.

4. sumit uprety says:

I think she is actually Giles Clarke in disguise – after all wat better way to humiliate modi than asking J Rod to praise modi

5. Considering his inclination towards cheerleaders and BWood starlets and their derriere, like hell he is going to appoint a dude to do his PR.

JRod, you are the blogger of the people. Does His Modiness and his PR not know that.

Suggest you link this post to his Youtube account and even mail them requesting them to post it in his website. Considering their proofreading skill, will not be surprised if they post it and even praise you for standing up for the IPL Czar.

6. knowledge_eater says:

haha you still didn’t change it from He to She .. or may be just keep it. :P I don’t believe in any interview unless it is done by Oprah.

7. Balaji says:

>>Lalit Modi, the architect and founder of the Indian Premier League (IPL)

He copied from ICL which copied from EPL which is there even before Lalit Modi’s parents were married!!

8. I’d love to visit Lalit Modi’s official website now and leave him with a link to this webpage!

9. Deep Cower says:

I admire Lalit Modi. I am not ashamed to admit it.

10. JYOwen says:

Congrats on getting Mitchell Johnson to work up the new theme tune!

11. yenjvoy says:

JRod, I’m shocked, shocked, to find that you don’t like Lalit. What’s not to like? How many such crooks has Australia produced lately despite being descended from a proud bunch of convicts. Y’all need to step up your game. Modi’s stolen a march single handedly over an entire continent of convict descendants. Shame. Shocked I tell you. :-D

PS – seen Stanford’s photo after his jail beating? Love to see Modi come to such a pass some day. I can fantasize can’t I?

12. Yasir says:

You’re so evil, jrod! I sympathize with poor little modi bastard!

PS: By the way, you did a Sultan Rahi (referring to you avatar) on Lalit Modi! I hope you know the guy in your avatar is Sultan Rahi. A Pakistani film actor whose films were all about blood, gore and revenge. I think he’s listed in Guinness book of records for having done most films than any other actor.

(The film poster for Khoonkhwar; roughly translates to blood-thirsty!)