The Ashes gets some balls

And now for the Ashes.

Incestuous cricket at its best.

The middling teams taking a long run at each other in padded sumo suits.

How will it all unfold, well, I’ll tell you as I’m at the grounds for all five.

That’s right, cricket with balls has blackmailed several prominent Cricket Australia administracrats and gotten ourselves smack bang inside the action.

I’m going to be up to my neck in Ashes crap.

There shall be writing here, some writing at TWC, more at Cricinfo, and a tad for the Bushrangers.

Also here will be podcasts with me, people i know, people i don’t know, and random drunkards i pretend not to know.

Then, as if that isn’t enough, I’ve gone and got myself some cheap dodgy video camera, and I’m just gonna put up videos of shit I see.

And I will see shit, won’t I.

So, there it is.

Jrod does the Ashes.

I have no idea what I will find in the bowels of the cricket establishment, but I’ll probably show whatever I find to you.

Tagged

13 thoughts on “The Ashes gets some balls

1. awesome…if this Ashes turns out to be like or better than the last one, do we expect another book as well?
    I’m looking forward to the drunken podcasts/videocasts and the sofa team.

Elegant, There will be another book.

Gol, It will cost more.

Sach, last time I wrote 5 times a day during the Ashes, this time I’ll be at the games, so why would it get neglected?

Tracer, will do my best.

2. IronMonkey says:

So I take it this means you won’t be on TestMatchSofa? That is a pity, but well worth it for you, I’m sure.

3. Sach says:

Does this mean this blog too is going to be neglected? Hope not.

4. tracerbullet007 says:

cool….make sure you get an interview with twatto….

5. golandaaz says:

And this time write a pricier book. It’s kind of cheap to follow the blog of a guy who writes books whose cost is less than the cost to ship it across the occean. Best of luck! I am tempted to say; have fun…but….Between the side who can lose from any position and a side that thinks a draw is as good as a win….

6. What condition will you be in when writing though?

7. Deep Cower says:

Jarrod, are you ready for some healthy criticism? Here it is: that piece in cricinfo with Alan Tyers is lame. Really, really lame.

8. Matt says:

Will be at adelaide but only for a cuople of days
    Happy to shout u a beer

Matt

9. Sunny says:

let me know when you are in adelaide. i owe you a few beers too.

10. Let me know when you are in sunny Coventry, the beer is shit.