Zulqarnain Haider (Zully Q-dawg) retires

I assume being a Pakistani fan is like being in a room with Delta Goodrem talking about her struggles, or watching as someone slowly drills out one of your eyeballs.

Today the only non-Akmal wicket keeper left in their country has retired.

Why?  Well we can only take his word for it, but it looks like he’s left because he refused to match fix and had his life threatened.

It doesn’t make him very gangsta, but it might make him the Rosa Parks of the Pakistan cricket team.

This is part of what he said, “I would rather flee away than sell out the dignity and respect of my motherland.”

The ICC might fine him for not saying he wants to put the balls in the right area.

He arrived in the UK visa less and without return ticket, so he is probably locked up in a cage right now.

Now he is claiming asylum in the UK, and probably talking contracts with Derbyshire.

I suggest, if he is going to hide in the UK, there is no better place than Derbyshire, I’ve lived in the UK for a couple of years and have no idea where it is.

It is too early to really know what the hell is going on.

I am willing to trust Zully Q-dawg for now, I mean, he isn’t about to make a fortune on the chatshow circuit, so giving up an international career is a big call for someone so new to the game.

If he finds himself needing a meal in London, I’ll get him some chicken as we sit around my place slagging off the Akmals.

I think that would cheer him up, it always cheers me up.

19 thoughts on “Zulqarnain Haider (Zully Q-dawg) retires

1. Bradders says:

A third Akmal has been called up… Adnan – apparently even more rubbish than Kamran…

2. mspr1nt says:

“I am safe and sound. I’m not arrested but I cannot tell where I am hiding for the sake of protection of my life.” – so no cage. Unless it’s your birdcage you reserve exclusively for Ian Bell…

3. Balaji says:

By believing in Zul Haider we can believe that,

Pakistan cricket loses matches deliberately!
    Atleast 1 person in the Pak team is a fixer
    No one in PCB are bothered about anything related to cricket matches involving Pak team
    Ijaz Butt is still a joke

Anything new? apparently not!!

4. Uzair says:

Since a third Akmal was added as a wicketkeeper. Then there is a possibility it’s an Akmal conspiracy.

5. Balaji says:

Kamran wont be keeping?

There was a Sarfaraz Nawaz that replaced Kamran few years back..where is he?

If there are 8 teams competing for the qaid-e-azam trophy there shud be 8 keepers in Pakistan any given time ? no?

6. The Dawg is replaced by another Akmal. The pop in law of the premier Akmal is a heavy duty bookie. Is it that difficult to put 2 and 2 together?

What in Sehwag’s name is going on?

7. The Coder says:

Derbyshire Contract? Correct me if I’m wrong, but seeking asylum would mean that he cannot work in the country, wouldn’t it?

8. Balaji says:

He has got a one month temporary visa, is what i understand from various news articles.
    So he might be able to search for a job in that duration and apply for a work visa through his employers and if he doesnt get a job in that duration the authorities are within their rights to extend his visa duration.

9. Deep Cower says:

Poor guy! Its no fun to lead your country to victory and threatened to have your balls removed. I hope the UK authorities let him stay on till ICC and PCB finish investigating this. (Now try saying that with a straight face).

10. Rishabh says:

Makes sense… no one had retired in a while. This one is understandable though.

11. Manish says:

This is real serious issue for Pakistan Cricket

I think PCB should make this new wicket keeper understand he is setting a wrong example
    for future generation cricketers of pakistan ; PCB should Support him ; provide him and his family all possile protection and convince him to play

Bookie will consider this as their mini victory of dominance over Pak Cricket and they will be celbrationg thinking if Pak cricketers cant play for us they can play for pakistan as well

I think time for some SERIOUS work for PCB

12. Manish says:

At the end everything will be right “INSHA ALLAH “

13. Wes ~PFCNFS~ says:

This is completely absurd. I mean wtf. I hope he will be back, the odds of that are about 90%.
    I also think he would fare a lot better with a county contract, someone should pick him up.
    The selection of Adnan is, mildly put, shocking. The Akmal creature is like the hydra, you cut one head off and two new ones will sprout in its place.

14. I have seen an article in which Ramiz Raja claims the PCB have told him that he won’t play for Pakistan again.

So in effect it could be said that the PCB have just banned Haider.

So obviously he will never play for his motherland again, err, like all the other banned players!!

15. hi says:

haider caused millions of dollars of loss to a bookie..he must pay it back. Best way for that is to work in England.

16. Balaji says:

As always with Pakistan,
    Zully has been told that he is a liar, he was asked questions to the effect that makes him sound inconsistent and stupid.

Figure this

Question: If u r given protection, would you return to Pakistan?
    Zully: Yes i would!

Question: If Pak cricket board asks you to again play would you?
    Zully: Yes I would!

Reports: Zully retracts his statement. Says he is now willing to return to Pakistan and is ready to play for Pakistan!
    ICC terms him inaccurate. PCB claims he is a embarassment and former players label him a chicken!
    What follows next
    No reaction frm PCB till they get something else to blame
    Conspiracy theories
    Life ban
    New player launch/captaincy change

Life moves on :)

17. BenSix says:

Sources tell me that there was a luminous green smudge on the threat…

Anyway, I wish Haider the best. After seeing his 80-odd earlier in the Summer I’d propose we let him stay and join English cricket’s foreign legion.