What is the Best Cricket Blog of 2009?

Who knows, you decide.

To vote in the rest of the categories go here.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, or Hanukkah, or merry Friday.

Have the best Friday you can have, I’ll be back on Boxing day.

Tagged

0 thoughts on “What is the Best Cricket Blog of 2009?

1. I don’t recognise the legitimacy of this poll, where is The Village Cricketer? Good enough to get a mention in your book, but not to feature in the vote! Its like a Iranian election.
    .-= The Village Cricketer´s last blog ..Swann leads the way playing resurrection cricket =-.

2. alex says:

Merry Christmas Jrod. Hope you sell more books!.

I wondered why your site is not coming first in google when i search sehwag. I have to find out why. In that way your book will be on the first google search.

3. Jrod says:

TVC, it isn’t my poll, you’d be on mine.

4. Johnny Twoshoes says:

I’ve just been over to TVC for the first time and I agree, it’s a travesty that it’s not on the poll. Of course, I have the tendency to get over excited and absolutely love the last thing I’ve seen.

At the moment I’m a JRod fanboy, next week, who knows?

5. Miriam says:

It is indeed a travesty that tvc misses out.

Merry Christmas one and all. It’s been a hell of a year for CWB.

6. CM says:

Merry Christmas Jrod and Mrs. Jrod!

7. Sunny says:

@jrod – merry fucken christmas! and yeah you can take my vote for your blog as the present. but the drinks are on me next time you are in adelaide.

8. steve says:

KC rules, always. All the rest of you just are pale shadows

9. Guys, i wish all a merry christmas and happy new year to the fans of cricket with balls.
    .-= stuart millar´s last blog ..Hiddink: I won’t be at South Africa =-.

10. jkal says:

Jrod all the way, no dispute there.

11. Rick Eyre says:

Hanukkah ended on December 19 this year. Oh,and I’m not even nominated?
    .-= Rick Eyre´s last blog ..WACA Test wrap: 2-0, but nothing to jump up and down about. =-.

12. Sunny says:

did you see the runout?! katich almost said…”its elementary watson. you are soft.”

13. NM says:

tcwj.blogspot.com is best cricket blog.

14. Vim says:

The exquisiteness of Kat just getting his foot down on time and robbing him of a ton. He couldn’t have done it better if he knew Twatto was sitting on his shoulder..

Superb.

Kat, I salute you. That’s why you’re me fave Oz player after E.N Igma

15. raj says:

Ok, this is not the post for starting this but was just curious. During Sydneygate, aoft-repeated claim by Aussie supporters was that “If Aussies were so bad, why is it only the Indians having run-ins against them? We dont seem to have a problem with SA, WI” etc. Now that that facade has been exposed, I’d like the esteemed opinion of Aussie jingoists on how they are going to spin this one now?

raj, of all the comments you have ever put here, that is the most troll like. It is on a non relevant post, seems to be aimed at a whole race, and is bringing up a conflict that was almost 2 years ago. Are you afraid Alex has taken your angry Indian commenter crown?

Although anyone aussie who said that was living on a different planet to me during the Arjuna, Haynes, Miandad, Curtly, and Sarwan incidents. Not that I remember anyone saying it, but it sounds like something someone who didn’t follow cricket too closely would say.

16. raj says:

That’s the thing jrod people did say it. If I don’t bring it up now, when? When aussies are sprreading sweetness and light?
    Anyway, apologies – I was really keen on bringing the worst out of a certain species. You can cvall it a aussie cricket team style wind-up. Pity then, unlike chris broad, you are smart and fair enough to call the instigator – not the victims. The world needs more jrods and less chris broads:-)
    Comparison with alex was below the belt – there were many comments in this blog winding up indians .

Raj, but who said it, did someone here say it, or did someone on youtube or cricinfo say it. Just throwing it out there on a random post means nothing, why not say it on the Watson or Haddin posts? You and Alex are the only two indians I’ve ever been asked to ban by other Indians, true story.

17. raj says:

Ban, if you want to. It is your site. Where do other Indians come into picture?
    Can you tell me where I have crossed the line, not merely pushing it, to borrow a favourite Aussie Cricket euphemism?
    Fact is, what I have done w.r.t commenting here is exactly wha Aussie Cricketers have been doing w.r.t sledging on the Cricket field. I did this deliberately here to raise that point. I have been told that in Australian culture, only usage of certain words is racist or unacceptable – I believe it is acceptable to use certian other words or instigate the opponents(like Haddin or Johnson with Benn or symmo and Hayden with Durbhajan).

It is this that perplexes me – explain away everything as Aussie Culture when other people have problems with certain behaviour yet when they indulge in the same behaviour, have problems with it

I’ll drop it here but it is for you to ponder on those thoughts.
    TO answer your question, yes, people did say on this blog comment spaces, that Aus had only problems with boorish Indians and were angels to other nations as proven by visits by NZ, Aus, Eng, WI etc. That wasnt true then – but especially since then, it has been disproved multiple times what with Vettori and Gayle among others expressing the same disgust that Kumble did. And Kumble is a villain in these parts for making those comments. I’d like those people who sure made those comment here to reflect upon themselves.

Atleast, I did it consciously to raise awareness – I dont really mean it. For them, they are not even aware that they are being hypocritical.

18. raj – the mental disintegrator

19. jrod says:

Raj, I’d never ban you, or Alex, or anyone. Just telling you that some people, mostly Indians, have asked that I muzzle you in the past, which they are doing for Alex now. Hence my comparison. But you still brought this up on the wrong post, didn’t you? Your point is valid, but it is also wasted on this post, is it not? Had you put it on the right post it would have made sense, here it looked like poor trolling, sort of like yelling at someone you have got out.

20. raj says:

Now you compare with watson :-)
    Its alright, I will raise this again the right post – after alln I can trust watson and friends to misbehave again soon, can’t I ?