Dirk shook up the world

There is always something that starts off social and cultural revolutions.

A song, an act, or a crime that grabs people and moves the world onto a new course.

We have one today.

What has happened today will be on par with Gandhi’s hunger strike, Rosa Parks on that bus and the Berlin wall coming down.

Today, magic happened.

A singular moment that purports to change only one person’s life, but really effects every single one of us.

The man, the myth, the wild beast, the skier, the multi linguist, the saxophone player, the Victorian, the daredevil, the Dutch, the world’s fastest bowler, THE DIRTY DIRK NANNES has been picked for Australia.

Women are fainting, men are choking, and autoerotic asphyxiaters are doing both.

This is the day people.

Remember it, what were you doing when you heard the news that the world had changed.

When a big rough diamond had pervaded the incestuous Australian cricket cartel.

The boys club has been broken down; this is a victory for real people everywhere.

Dirty Dirk Nannes is not a cricketer; he is flesh and blood like me, and maybe even you.

He hasn’t had his balls fondled since birth by eager cricket parents and specialist coaching instructors.

He has lived dammit, and then one day he said why don’t I roll my arm over.

Not out of greed, or ambition to wear special hats, but because he liked to roll his arm over.

And now this magnificent beastly man, this man of unnatural brutish grace is going to play cricket for Australia.

This is a special moment.

All hail Dirty Dirk Nannes, the finest purveyor of thunderbolts to ever play for Victoria, Delhi, Middlesex, Netherlands, and now Australia.

If you don’t have a tear in your eye you are a cold corpse like person.

Well done Dirk, well done.

0 thoughts on “Dirk shook up the world

1. Dhananjay Mhatre says:

I am imagining JRod shedding tears of manly joy. First Bryce, now Nannes. Celebrations are in order. Who next??

2. raj says:

This is ridiculous. Dirk belongs to Holland, and Holland alone. He must now actually initiate the real revolution by turning down Australia.

3. Dhananjay Mhatre says:

Raj, imagine Nannes bowling at the serial whingers, pussies, hypemasters, etc. that this English side is full of (the Barmy Army and the Confectionary Stall does deserve better) with Lee backing him up. If Holland likes its Pommie bashing as was evident in their T20 victory (spearheaded by who else) they would not mind it.

4. Moses says:

I don’t know if I’m happies for Dirk, the Australian T20i team, or JRod…. ok, it’s JRod.

5. Moses says:

I bet Dirk is a cunning linguist in addition to a multi linguist.

6. D Charlton says:

I just hope Dirk does better than Bryce…

7. Chris says:

Does Dirk being picked outweigh D Hussey being dropped?

8. Sunny says:

dirty is pretty much the only one who can shake up this team of accountants.

9. Rob says:

Congrats jrod on your new baby

10. Chris W says:

When I saw the strapline I immediately thought of Dirk Wellham. I did wonder what the hell he had done.

Well done Dirk Nannes. For being picked, and for not being Dirk Wellham.

11. Was wondering why you hadn’t posted on his call-up till now! :P

You forgot to mention that he’s a Japanese speaker as well! :D

12. […] If that’s not enough to console Dutch fans, they can perhaps take some comfort in the fact that Nannes’ selection for the Aussies has brought pleasure to others… […]

13. Leg Break says:

Nice of the Netherlands to be helping an emerging nation by trying out their fringe players on the world stage first.

14. Deepak says:

LoL @ Leg Break.

Can he play for 2 major nation?

15. Q says:

What took u so long to post? I waited and waited and waited :-) .. but like Dirk’s call up, ur post finally came!

3 in 3 now after David Hussey and Bryce… u must be thrilled!

16. I concur with Raj. I was very confused at your excitement jrod. Surely Dirk would be dirtier if he turned Hilditch down and continued with Holland.

17. Sid says:

i think it wud be dirty if he broke lee’s knee and johnson’s rib-cage and becomes the spearhead in the test team. well lets not reveal his plans here.. let him do his own dirty way, i’m expecting a special someone to announce retirement from t-20’s after quitting tests very recently :) nah.. he’s injured he can avoid d’nannes with that for now..

18. Lou says:

Has David Hussey been dropped from the one day squad? My cup runneth over. He has been shite for ages.

19. Dhananjay Mhatre says:

Are we talking David or Mike. Or are both Husseys shit now?