what a night

Start it with stupid pointless and uncontrollable giant balloons.

Add just enough rain to get rid of any crappy embarrassing opening ceremony.

Then make sure the hosts lose to a team of nobodies (and dirty dirk).

I’ve been to a lot of cricket in my life, but sitting at Lord’s in a crowd of English as the Dutch team chased down the total was the best feeling I have ever had watching a cricket match.

And I have seen test and one day hat tricks, Victorian title wins, Australian world cup wins, and all sorts of other shit like that, but watching a minnow beat England at home in the opening match of the tournament was just fucking amazing.

It was all fucking magical.

And Dirk, he opened the world t20 tournament, and then helped beat the Poms.

What a fucken ending.

Last ball, Broad, me screaming, and then fucking ecstasy.

When I can finally conjure up some words I will explain it better, but to give you an idea, I screamed so hard at the end I almost started throwing up.

I will never forget the feeling watching this game.

0 thoughts on “what a night

1. Q says:

I was thinking of you when Dirk had that ball in his hand – 1st ball of a world cup and Nannes to bowl it.. the moment was for u..

As for the victory.. couldn’t have been sweeter!

Q’s last blog post..What a DUTCH!

2. Dhananjay Mhatre says:

The Englishmen around you must have been in a bad mood.

3. World Cup, what World Cup?

The Village Cricketer’s last blog post..Netherlands beat England – I’m embarrassed

4. 12th Man says:

England relaxed after having done well in the first 10 overs. Criminal.

So which International team is going to face the next upset of the tournament?

12th Man’s last blog post..Twenty20 all-stars who missed the party

5. Rob says:

Its good to know you enjoyed it. I quite enjoyed it myself on the TV. Did you here the Luke Wright “we have got enough with our bowlers” interview. What an arrogant dick.

Rob’s last blog post..The future is orange

6. Sunny says:

next up pakistan…they won’t know what hit them.

7. Q says:

Oh we’ll know sunny.. we’re waiting for it! It will hit us and we won’t feel a thing cos we know whats coming..

Q’s last blog post..What a DUTCH!