Australia A gets all wristy and smooth

Usman Khawaja, the stylishly dogged Hashim Amla wannabe from NSWales, has been selected for the New Australia A squad to take on Sri Lanka A.

I know this because of all the information on the Australia A squad I have heard is about his inclusion. Which means that John Wayne Hastings and Ben Cutting’s ridiculous omissions have gone without comment.

According to reports Usman is vying with a spot as back up top order batsman with George Bailey and Michael Klinger.

If Khawaja were to play for Australia he would be the first Asian born player since Dav Whatmore to play for Australia.

That is pretty cool.

But it isn’t just Khawaja, Bailey and Klinger who are in the running for the spot, the second leading run scorer in last year’s shield, Smooth Eddie Cowan, is also in contention.

Well he better be.

Because he is one of us. And there are very few of us represented at international level.

I mean someone who gets a joke, can be a cynical fucker, reads things that don’t have pictures in them and can form an opinion without a focus group meeting held by Cricket Australia.

Sure Ed is more talented than us, fitter than us and he knows the cock size of several international cricketers, but he is certainly one of the 5% of fucked up weird shit that congregates here, and for that alone he deserves out support.

Usman has the romantic side, so the press will push him, plus he plays for NSWales, George Bailey will be the first new Tasmanian test batsmen since David Boon (pause for laugh) so the Tassie press are on his side, and Michael Klinger has the entire Jewish Mafia and World media helping him out (I read that on a white power site so it must be true).

Smooth Eddie just has us.

A bunch of angry cricket sadists who want just one representative that we can support.

It is sad for him that it is just us he has, but we should put our support behind him.

He isn’t some bum of the month, once he got away from the claws of NSWales he has become a proper batsmen like batsmen, just one that you can talk to about books and Canadian Indie Folk acts.  I couldn’t possibly list all the reasons I think you’d like him, but at least one would have to be his curly hair.

I’ve been the sole voice on the campaign for Smooth Eddie up until now, but I think all of you should get behind him as well.

Just to make sure you all known how much I am willing to get behind him I am going to give him a seal of approval that only 2 have received before.

Arise, Cricket With Balls’ Own Smooth Eddie Cowan.

About these ads
Tagged , ,

11 thoughts on “Australia A gets all wristy and smooth

1. E says:

Ben Cutting had to undergo ankle surgery yesterday and out til August, he was in the squad otherwise.

E, cheers, was trying to find out why he wasn’t there. Perhaps if others had done correct reports on the squad and not just talked about Usman I would have known.

2. Mock Wah says:

you could help him by gettn his name rite.. that would be Usman Khawaja.
    .-= Mock Wah´s last blog ..Celebrating Cricket – Continued =-.

3. Being a Pom, I haven’t seen much of Khawaja (or Cowan for that matter), but if he can be compared to Amla, the Aussies have found another gem. Amla must be the top batsman in the world on current form.
    .-= The Reverse Sweep´s last blog ..Help the Aged =-.

4. Zyon says:

I’ve never seen Khawaja play but he sounds like a good player. Although his cause is certainly helped by him being Asian. Cricket Australia are desperate to get an Aboriginal or an Asian in their team
    .-= Zyon´s last blog ..Test cricket – everyone’s gagging for it =-.

5. jrod says:

Mock Wah, It wouldn’t be cwb if I got people’s name right, and even better than that, i got it right in the tags and no where else.

6. Lou says:

I think Hastings has injury problems as well.

Surgery seems the recreation of choice off season in Aus.

At least Usman can really bat. Technically he is very sound.

I don’t care about him being a quota choice or the baggy green with the blue, he’s young, he got a good technique, he’s 23, he is happy to bore the opposition, he’s not 30, he’ll stick around without losing the plot and did I mention that he’s under 25?

And another huge plus.

He’s not Phil Hughes.

Lou, I actually did research to find if either of them were injured before I wrote this, and couldn’t find anything. Trying to find out about injuries in Domestic cricket is a fucken pain. Last week I had to ring IOB to ask him why he wasn’t playing for Middlesex.

7. E says:

I only knew Cutting was injured after reading the Qld Bulls take on the squad… http://www.qldcricket.com.au/default.asp?PageID=4&ReleaseID=2644&Display=True&HomeNews=True

8. Lou says:

I know it’s crap, the WACA site is no better, other forums are the best bet as locals will have information that the associations feel the need to be secretive about for some reason.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 18,926 other followers